Carbon Market Watch welcomes the opportunity to provide inputs to the Supervisory Body on specific questions pertaining to removal activities.
However, we note that the 2-week window to make submissions is extremely short and also overlaps with SB58, which many observer organisations that closely follow the Supervisory Body have attended – as a result, there may be an underrepresentation in inputs from such observer organisations, which the Supervisory Body should consider in reviewing the inputs from stakeholders.
Due to time constraints to adequately prepare inputs for the current window for inputs, we would like to note here for your consideration that CMW has made multiple submissions on the topic of removal activities in the context of the SB’s work:
- SB consultation on methodological requirements ahead of SB005 (6 April 2023)
- SBSTA call for submissions (15 March 2023),
- Inputs on removals ahead of SB003 (11 October 2022)
- Inputs on removals ahead of SB002 (9 September 2022).
- Submission on removal activities ahead of SB56 (27 May 2022)
You can find CMW’s inputs to the latest structured consultation on removal activities here: