COP26 events in which CWM is involved (UK time):
- 03/11/2021 (14:00-15:30), “Launch of a call for establishing Future Proof Carbon Credit Standard Framework” workshop, Chinese Business pavilion.
- 04/11/2021 (17:30-18:30), “Climate responsibility, climate action and carbon credits” side event, EU pavilion.
- 08/11/2021 (17:00-18:30), “Negative emissions” side event with Bellona, Bellona pavilion.
- 09/11/2021 (13:30-15:30), “Carbon Border Adjustment Mechanism” side event, Turkish pavilion.
- 09/11/2021 (16:45-18:00), “Can carbon markets benefit developing countries?” side event, Loch Lomond room.
- 09/11/2021 (17:18 to 18:30 ), “Corporate climate finance” webinar with Planete Urgence (in French).
- 10/11/2021 (11:00-12:00), Side event about Article 6, Turkish pavilion.
- 10/11/2021 (11:30-12:30), “Carbon pricing in the EU: an invitation to the world” side event, EU pavilion.
- 11/11/2021 (11:00-13:00), Side event about CORSIA, Turkish pavilion.
Articles by CMW
- COP26: The many shades of activism
- Kyoto-era carbon credits will not repay our debt to the climate
- Five reasons why carbon markets (Article 6) matter
- EU ministers sign off on COP26 position, with one caveat, Euractiv
- Concrete plans needed for Cop 26: von der Leyen, Argus Media
- COP26: Last chance for carbon trading?, Engineering and Technology Magazine
- Japan eyes international carbon offsets to deliver 2030 emission cuts, Climate Home News
- Enduring waves of climate change: Maritime decarbonization, a tempest before the calm, S&P Global Platts
- How trading CO2 could save the climate, BBC
- Glasgow Climate Negotiators Gear Up for Fight Over Trading Trees, Sky News
- These countries could be the villains of COP26, Wired
- Climate change: Is carbon offsetting a ‘dangerous distraction’ or necessary for net zero?, Sky News
- COP 26 profile: Europe sets climate bar high, Argus Media
- Shell’s Carbon Offset Claims Show Task Ahead for UN Climate Talks, Bloomberg
- ‘Chess game’ as negotiators seek elusive carbon market deal at Cop26, Climate Home News
- The blame game and missing money: your guide to COP26, Eco-Business
- COP26 : la tarification du carbone, un enjeu mondial, Les Echos
- Britain drafts COP26 deal on global aviation emissions, Reuters
- Reino Unido esboça acordo para a COP26 sobre emissões globais da aviação, CNN
- José Maria Cardoso: “Quem mais polui não pode continuar a lucrar com a poluição”, Esquerda
- Ez lesz a legnehezebb döntés az ENSZ klímakonferenciáján, 24.hu
- Climate-change conference 2021: Simon Wilson’s Glasgow Diary – November 1, New Zealand Herald
- Разговор на повышенных температурах, Kommersant
- Press review: What to expect from COP26 and Russia to tackle greenhouse gas absorption, Tass
- CMW’s Khaled Diab spoke to France 24 Arabic about the highs and lows of COP26, France 24 Arabic
- COP26’s key task: Stamping out climate cheating, Politico
- Climate conference: fix article 6, Social Europe
#COP26 Vlog 1 – Fix Article 6: Carbon Market Watch’s Gilles Dufrasne gives the latest on “the good, the bad and the ugly” of the proposed text on Article 6 (voluntary carbon markets) at COP26. He urges governments to close loopholes, prevent double-counting, abolish the use of old carbon credits and respect human rights.