Become Executive Director of Carbon Market Watch
Purpose of the position
Reporting to the Board of Carbon Market Watch, the Executive Director will have the opportunity to lead an agile and fast moving team to implement political campaigns on a variety of issues related to carbon pricing, climate finance, human rights and public participation. You will be responsible for the smooth running of the organisation, ensure stable financial resources and implement a forward looking development and expansion plan.
Carbon Market Watch is an international NGO specialized on cutting emissions from fossil fuels through carbon pricing policies. Our strength is the combination of in-depth policy expertise and close work with community groups in countries across the world, resulting in a 10 year success record in uncovering fraud and loopholes in climate change policies.
Leadership & Management:
- Work with staff and the Board to develop Carbon Market Watch’s strategic vision
- Ensure exceptional quality of analysis and campaigns, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and operational procedures; and recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals;
- Lead, coach, and develop Carbon Market Watch’s high-performing staff;
- Develop, maintain, and support a strong Board; seek and build board involvement with strategic direction for implementing ongoing campaigns as well as developing forward looking strategies;
- Actively engage and energize Carbon Market Watch’s partner organisations and funders;
- Ensure effective systems to regularly evaluate campaigns and to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and other constituents.
Fundraising & Communications:
- Work with staff to develop a fundraising strategy; maintain and extend funding relationships and secure the annual budgets of the organization;
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications — from web presence to network management and external relations with the goal of creating a stronger reputation;
- Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities.
The Executive Director will be thoroughly committed to furthering Carbon Market Watch’s mission. The successful candidate will have proven leadership and relationship management experience.
Specific requirements include:
- At least 5 years of senior management experience; a track record of effectively leading and scaling a performance- and outcomes-based organization and staff; ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth;
- Excellent understanding of and experience in working with climate change policies;
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget;
- Proven success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate board member relationships;
- Strong outreach, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and materialize new funding opportunities;
- Excellent understanding of equity issues, and experience in working with NGOs from the global South;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills;
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to organisational planning;
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people;
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
What we offer
- An opportunity to lead a unique and prominent NGO into a new direction
- A full time, permanent contract
- A competitive remuneration package in line with Brussels standards
Starting date of the position is January 2019. Qualified applicants should send their CV and a strong cover letter, addressing the competencies required by 5 September 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the position, please contact email@example.com.
**** *** ****