Application deadline: 19 April 2015
Purpose of the position
Carbon Market Watch is seeking a dynamic Communications & Fundraising Officer to support Carbon Market Watch’s advocacy campaigns and support fundraising efforts.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Work closely with communications manager, plan and implement innovative and effective media strategies for campaigns;
- Draft press statements, information brochures, articles and other materials on relevant policy issues;
- Manage contacts to journalists in close cooperation with communications manager;
- Manage contents of two websites;
- Manage social media and draft relevant outreach materials;
- Ensure effective documentation of events and campaigns (through video, audio, print);
- Manage contact database and IT support;
- Coordinate and distribute annual reports;
- Identify funding opportunities and establish donor relationships;
- Coordinate and prepare grant applications;
- Support project management including reporting requirements;
Professional and personal attributes, abilities, and experiences
The ideal candidate should embody the following professional qualifications and personal attributes:
- A strong commitment to environmental protection and human development;
- Relevant university degree;
- 3 years relevant experience with communications in the non-profit or lobbying sector;
- Sound knowledge of European and International climate change policies, experience with carbon markets an asset;
- Imaginative, creative and accurate written and verbal communications skills in English, and experience of producing communications materials and resources;
- Ability to effectively communicate and adapt to different audiences (political, technical, media…), reach out to stakeholders, and present to groups with confidence;
- Analytical and critical thinking skills and proven experience of strategy development and project design;
- Campaigning experience desirable;
- Fluent spoken and written English essential. Other languages considered an advantage;
- Ability to work independently and flexibly across the team;
- Enthusiastic personality;
- International fundraising and resource mobilisation experience is a strong asset.
We are looking for a candidate available to join our team as soon as possible. We will offer an initial contract for one year. Contract extension is dependent on the forthcoming availability of funds.
Applicants should send their CV, references and a strong cover letter by 19 April 2015, addressing the competencies required to [email protected]. Please refer to the vacancy in the subject line of the application email. Only highly motivated and experienced candidates will be considered.
Starting Date: as soon as filled
**** *** ****