Carbon Market Watch Network Coordinator – March 2015
Applications closing 22 March 2015
Purpose of the position
Carbon Market Watch is seeking a dynamic Network Coordinator to strengthen the existing Network and adapt it to new challenges of the wider climate finance debate. The Carbon Market Watch Network connects NGOs and academics from the global North and South to share information and concerns about climate mitigation projects and policies. It was launched in 2010 with the purpose to strengthen the voice of civil society in climate policy developments and connects more than 800 organisations and activists from more than 70 countries.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Work closely with team members, plan and implement outreach strategies for campaigns;
- Disseminate information and capacity building materials to network members;
- Manage networks, including responding to queries from a large variety of CSOs on a large variety of topics;
- Support NGOs with advice on public participation opportunities and convey messages to policy makers and stakeholders;
- Coordinate network newsletter;
- Manage social media and draft relevant outreach materials;
- Organise capacity building events, webinars and meetings of the General Assembly;
- Coordinate translation of capacity building materials in French, Spanish and English;
- Manage contact database;
- Participate at relevant NGO outreach meetings and policy negotiations;
- Actively support and contribute to Carbon Market Watch´s fundraising efforts and reporting requirements.
The successful candidate will combine experience working in a network or collaboration of NGOs in developing and developed countries with some knowledge of climate change policies. A minimum of three years of relevant experience and the ability to work independently is essential.
Professional and personal attributes, abilities, and experiences
The ideal candidate should embody the following professional qualifications and personal attributes:
- A strong commitment to environmental protection and human development;
- Ability to work independently;
- Superior oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate and adapt to different cultural audiences;
- Cultural sensitivity and ability to respect and work well with people from different backgrounds and disciplines;
- Demonstrated project coordination and management skills and experience in team-work with people from diverse cultures and nationalities;
- Organizational skills and willingness to work under time restraints and pressure
- Knowledge of climate change policies, understanding of the issues surrounding equity and development;
- Fluent spoken and written English, Spanish and French is essential, German is considered an advantage.
- Ability to travel extensively.
We are looking for a candidate available to join our team as soon as possible. The Network Coordinator is based in Brussels. We will offer an initial contract for one year. Contract extension is dependent on the forthcoming availability of funds.
Applicants should send their CV, references and a strong cover letter by 22 March 2015, addressing the competencies required to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to the vacancy in the subject line of the application email. Only highly motivated and experienced candidates will be considered.
Starting Date: as soon as filled