Recommendations to the CMP8 on the CDM
This paper outlines recommendations on key issues on the discussion at CMP8 on the CDM. Our key recommendations are:
- Fundamentally reform additionality requirements.
- Suspend and reform guidelines for standardised baselines
- Ban CDM coal power projects.
- Address human rights concerns.
- Improve the CDM’s contribution to sustainable development.
- Improve the constitution and conduct of the CDM Executive Board improve.
- Strengthen civil society participation in the CDM process.
- Include MRV for grid emission factors.
- Stop carbon leakage from adipic acid projects.
- Improve crediting rules.
- Assess baseline scenario at renewal of crediting period.
25 May 2020
Webinar: Cleaning Up Big Polluters – How to ensure that the EU Green Deal delivers?
29 Apr 2020
How the EU carbon market’s lesser-known cousin could help drive industrial transformation
10 Apr 2020
Carbon Market Watch’s feedback on the inception impact assessment on the Carbon Border Adjustment Mechanism
5 Apr 2020