Recommendations to the CMP8 on the CDM
This paper outlines recommendations on key issues on the discussion at CMP8 on the CDM. Our key recommendations are:
- Fundamentally reform additionality requirements.
- Suspend and reform guidelines for standardised baselines
- Ban CDM coal power projects.
- Address human rights concerns.
- Improve the CDM’s contribution to sustainable development.
- Improve the constitution and conduct of the CDM Executive Board improve.
- Strengthen civil society participation in the CDM process.
- Include MRV for grid emission factors.
- Stop carbon leakage from adipic acid projects.
- Improve crediting rules.
- Assess baseline scenario at renewal of crediting period.
17 Feb 2020
EU carbon market state aid rules moving in the right direction – but not far enough
28 Jan 2020
Carbon Market Watch input to a public consultation on the circular economy action plan
16 Dec 2019