Recommendations for the review of the modalities and procedures for the Clean Development Mechanism
Prepared for Subsidiary Body for Implementation, 46th Session, 8-18 May 2017
Carbon Market Watch welcomes the opportunity to provide input to the discussions on the review of the modalities and procedures for the Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) – SBI agenda item 7. While the Clean Development Mechanism plays no role in the Paris Agreement, the ongoing negotiations to review the modalities and procedures for the CDM remain important for a number of reasons.
- Phase out the CDM at the end of the second commitment period
- Cease project registration as of COP24
- Establish a CDM grievance mechanism
- Strengthen civil society participation
- Establish a CMP CMA process to guide the transition process
- Prevent double counting for crediting under ICAO’s market based measure
Read the full recommendations here
25 Apr 2019
Cracking Europe’s hardest climate nut – How to kick-start the zero-carbon transition of energy-intensive industries?
28 Mar 2019
Industry should stop clinging on to pollution freebies and start focusing on climate solutions
12 Feb 2019