Webinar: International transport and the Paris Agreement
To join, please fill out this form.
International transport impacts various areas of the Paris Agreement. In this webinar, speakers will dive into the role of ships and planes and present the CAN International recommendations for the Facilitative Dialogue and Global Stocktake, the Transparency Framework, Paris accounting rules and market discussions.
- Intro to CAN International recommendations
- Percentage of the carbon budget: Growth of shipping and aviation – Andrew Murphy, Transport and Environment
- Introduction of international transport emissions: Ties to the UNFCCC and difficulties of regulation in ICAO/IMO – Beatriz Martinez Romera, University of Copenhagen
- The Facilitative Dialogue (and Global Stocktake): The importance of IMO and ICAO as non-state actors – Mark Lutes, WWF
- The Transparency Framework: Reporting of bunker fuels and future outlooks – Stelios Pesmajoglou, GHG Management Institute
- Carbon markets and double counting: Rules needed for trading outside of NDCs – Aki Kachi, Carbon Market Watch
Moderation: Kelsey Perlman, Carbon Market Watch
Time: October 31st, from 14 :00 – 15 :30 GMT
21 Jun 2018