The deal on Article 6 at COP26 has generated considerable interest and confusion. Join a group of leading experts to understand the implications of the new rules governing carbon markets.
About this event
At COP26 in Glasgow, the international community finally agreed on new rules to govern carbon markets under Article 6 of the Paris Agreement. These mostly regulate trades between countries, but also have implications for voluntary offsetting by provide companies.
What are the key takeaways from these rules and how will this affect companies and countries that rely on carbon credits to meet climate targets?
In just 20 minutes, you will hear from five experts summarising one key outcome each. Afterwards, you will be able to pose your questions to the panelists.
If you are looking to get up to speed quickly on Article 6 deal, this event is for you.
- Introduction – Carbon Market Watch
- Five questions, five experts
- What happens to the old system and when will the new system start? Nico Kreibich, Wuppertal Institut
- Has double counting been prevented? Harry Fearnehough, NewClimate Institute
- Does Article 6 deliver adaptation finance, and go beyond zero-sum offsetting? Catalina Gonda, Fundación Ambiente y Recursos Naturales (FARN)
- Are people and the environment sufficiently protected against negative local impact? Erika Lennon, Centre for International Environmental Law
- Is it a good deal? Jonathan Crook, Carbon Market Watch
- Questions from audience
You can register for this free online event here
Note: The Zoom link for the event will be sent to registered participants the day before the event.
This webinar is supported by funding from Brot für die Welt.