From 30 November to 11 December 2015, countries met in Paris to flesh out a historic deal to tackle global warming.
The Carbon Market Watch team was in Paris to support the negotiations providing independent analysis on key issues and to raise awareness about potential deal breakers.
Our advocacy and capacity building activities focused on the following issues:
- The role of carbon markets
- The dangers of hot air
- Options to tackle land-use emissions
- What Paris must deliver to address aviation emissions
- Human rights accountability of climate action
- Sustainable development & NAMAs
For an overview of our five events, see here.
Our team was on the ground for the entire two weeks to follow all developments as they happened and help shape the COP agreement language. This year we will bring you information through several communications channels:
16 Dec 2019
OMGE (?!) – or how carbon markets must reduce emissions instead of shifting pollution around
15 Dec 2019