A COP 27 side event
Carbon market projects can harm local communities and indigenous peoples. Independent grievance processes are key to minimise this risk and ensure peoples’ rights are fully respected. The event will assess past experiences and discuss principles for the grievance process mandated in Article 6.
– Introduction/Moderation: Myrto Tilianaki, Climate Advocacy Officer, CCFD-Terre Solidaire
– Speaker: Erika Lennon, Senior Attorney, Centre for International Environmental Law
– Speaker: Ghazali Ohorella, Negotiations team leader on matters of Article 6, International Indigenous Peoples’ Forum on Climate Change (IIPFCC)
– Speaker: Paco Gimenez-Salinas, Compliance and Dispute Resolution Specialist, Independent Redress Mechanism, Green Climate Fund
– Moderation/Q&A: Jonathan Crook, Global Carbon Markets Policy Expert, Carbon Market Watch