Carbon Market Watch is seeking a Finance Officer (Maternity cover)
Purpose of the position
We are seeking an experienced finance officer to cover a maternity leave. The successful candidate will oversee our financial and administrative activities. The position will be held for 4 and half months and will require 3 – 4 working days per week.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Processing of payments
- Encoding in accounting system (invoices, bank slips, monthly payrolls)
- Contact point with payroll company (including coordination of the payroll process)
- Extracting data from accounting system for project spreadsheets
- Tracking of holidays, home working and sick days of staff members
- Checking of credit card statements + encoding
- Office cash management
- Timesheet management
- Office management tasks (purchases, liaison with landlord, cleaner etc.)
- Assistance with financial reports to funders and budgets for grant applications
Ability and Experience
Applicants should demonstrate working competency and experience relating to the duties listed above. Applicants must demonstrate a trustworthy and responsible attitude to work. They must be proficient in French and English.
What we offer
- A part-time contract under Belgian law (a consulting arrangement is also possible)
- A competitive remuneration package in line with Brussels standards
The position will start on 20 April 2020 with prior (paid) induction days in late March or beginning of April. The contract period will conclude on 31 August 2020.
Qualified applicants should send their CV and a letter of motivation addressing the competencies required by 20 February 2020 to [email protected]. Please put your name and a reference to the vacancy in the subject line of the application email.