Carbon Market Watch Internship – Summer 2019
From May 2019
Carbon Market Watch is recruiting a dynamic intern for a 3-6 month position in its Brussels office. The intern will report to the officer in charge and will support the advocacy and communication activities for the organisation.
- A challenging and exciting experience with a dynamic organisation working internationally;
- The opportunity to work at various levels of EU & UN climate policy;
- Active skill development with communication tools & activities that support CMW’s ongoing campaigns
- The chance to learn from and be part of a passionate, dedicated team.
- Flexibility with study commitments
Tasks and responsibilities
- Supporting with policy research and reporting;
- Key stakeholder mapping and tracking public institutions;
- Monitor relevant climate and energy policies at EU and UNFCCC level;
- Support the preparation of documents including briefing papers, campaign notes and message points;
- Support the activities of the Carbon Market Watch communication team;
- Support the organisation with capacity building activities prep;
- Support in general office administration and ad-hoc tasks.
- Keen knowledge and understanding of the EU decision making process;
- Some knowledge of and interest in climate policies (UNFCCC, EU), including [but not limited to] emissions trading and offsetting;
- Self-starter, reliable, able to multitask and prioritize own work;
- Strong writing skills (English)
- Great attitude and strong interpersonal skills; able to work independently and as part of a team;
- Fluent in written and spoken English. German, French and Spanish are considered an advantage.
- Willingness to lean
- A healthy understanding of the international climate decision making process;
- Comfortable in time sensitive working environments
- Prior experience with voluntary and/or NGO;
- Demonstrated research gathering skills;
- Proficient in office software, especially with excel, word and outlook.
How to apply:
This internship offer is currently open to enrolled Under/Post- graduate students . Only highly motivated and professional candidates will be considered.
Application: Please send the following to Andrew.email@example.com:
Letter of motivation; Recent CV. Please don’t forget to let us know you available start date and what length of time are you available from.
Closing date: 26/04/2019
Start date: Once a suitable candidate has been found.
To read more about us see here