Purpose of the position
Carbon Market Watch is seeking a Fundraising Officer to help secure funds to implement our ambitious five year work plan on our campaigns related to carbon pricing, aviation & shipping, climate governance and fair climate action.
We are looking for a candidate available to join our team as soon as possible. We will offer an initial contract for 10 months. Contract extension will be subject to review.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Identify funding opportunities
- Establish donor relationships;
- Coordinate and prepare grant applications;
- Support project management including reporting requirements;
Professional and personal attributes, abilities, and experiences
The ideal candidate should embody the following professional qualifications and personal attributes:
- Relevant university degree;
- Sound knowledge of European and international climate change policies;
- Several years of relevant experience with fundraising in the non-profit sector;
- Proven success in mobilizing resources and experience with LIFE, LIFE+ and Horizon2020;
- Experience to build consortia and coordinate with a wide range of organisations and individuals;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English);
- Analytical and critical thinking skills and proven experience of strategy development and project design;
- Ability to work independently and flexibly across the team;
- A strong commitment to environmental protection and human development;
- Enthusiastic personality.
Applicants should send their CV, references and a strong cover letter by 26 March 2017, addressing the competencies required to email@example.com. Only highly motivated and experienced candidates will be considered.
Starting Date: as soon as filled
Carbon Market Watch.