Application deadline: 7 July 2017
Carbon Market Watch is recruiting a dynamic intern for a 6-month position in its Brussels office, starting at the end of August 2017. The intern will report to the officer in charge and will support our European and international advocacy campaigns.
- A challenging and exciting experience with a dynamic organisation working internationally;
- The opportunity to work with senior figures in EU public affairs as well as activists in the Global South;
- Reimbursement of daily travel expenses incurred.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Media and press research;
- Organisation and maintenance of contact database;
- Support in maintenance of website and social media presence;
- Research on key stakeholders and institutions;
- Monitor and research relevant climate and energy policies for EU and international climate campaigns;
- Support the preparation of documents including briefings, campaign notes and lobby points;
- Support the coordination of advocacy and capacity building efforts across the CMW network;
- Attend and support the organisation of relevant policy events in Brussels;
- Support in general office administration.
- Some knowledge and understanding of the EU decision making process;
- Some knowledge of and considerable interest in climate policies, including emissions trading in Europe and market based mitigation activities internationally;
- Self-starter, reliable, able to multitask and prioritize own work;
- Great attitude and strong interpersonal skills; able to work independently and as part of a team;
- Fluent in written and spoken English. German, French and Spanish are considered an advantage.
- In-depth understanding of the EU decision making process;
- Working knowledge of climate policies, including market/non-market based approaches to emission reductions;
- Prior experience in public policy, or non-profit sector campaigning;
- Demonstrated research gathering skills;
- Proficient in office software, especially with excel, word and outlook.
How to apply:
Applicants should send their CV, references and a strong cover letter, addressing the competencies required to email@example.com. Please refer to the vacancy in the subject line of the application email. Only highly motivated and experienced candidates will be considered.
Closing date: 7 July 2017
Starting Date: 28 August 2017
About Carbon Market Watch: Our mission is to ensure that environmental market based mechanisms contribute to the fight against climate change. We work to uncover policy loopholes and uphold standards that protect the environmental and social integrity of carbon markets and other climate mitigation instruments. Carbon Market Watch is active on three levels – at the UN level, within Europe and the Global South. We successfully advocated for stronger civil society participation, major policy changes at the UN and EU level and uncovered unprecedented scandals in mitigation activities around the globe. For more information, see www.carbonmarketwatch.org.